I thought about taking a night off but there were 1 or 2 bugs that looked really annoying so I thought I would spend a couple of hours working tonight. Mostly, it was the problem with colonies also reverting back to the empire spending orders even when you explicitly override them! Man, that must have been annoying. My apologies — I never tested for a player doing that but it is fixed now.
Also, VERY IMPORTANT:
A lot of testers are reporting memory problems because their OS is not allocating enough memory to the game when they start it by double-clicking. The proper way for me to solve this problem is to create a launcher that allocates memory to the game, but that will take a few days to figure out. Until then, you can manually start the game from a command line in the directory where the jar is located. With this command, you can specify precisely how much memory you want it to have. At least 1G is recommended, and 500M is the absolute bare minimum. It will scale back graphics and disable animations if you do only 500M.
Also note that the maximum map size you can create is validated against how much memory the game has been allocated.
To start with 4G of memory: java -Xmx4g -jar RotP.jar
To start with 2G of memory: java -Xmx2g -jar RotP.jar
To start with 1G of memory: java -Xmx1g -jar RotP.jar
To start with 768M of memory: java -Xmx768m -jar RotP.jar
To start with 512M of memory: java -Xmx512m -jar RotP.jar
The public link to the Alpha 2.02 version is here: [ outdated link. see more recent post for latest version. ]
Here is the fix list:
- Crashed on the Game Over screen! – by Sky (from email)
- Too many troops on ground attacks don’t display correctly – from Sky (from email)
- Psilon research bonus not working – by timoteob
- Can change a locked slider by clicking directly on it – by timoteob
- Colony shows Meklar are paying factory refit costs – by Sky (from email)
- Slider spending orders now clear when slider is changed – by Sky (from email)
- Artifact planet research bonus was too high – by timeteob
- Crash when hovering over galaxy map – by Javier (from email)
- Industry building more factories than useable by colony population – by Sky (from email)
Have fun and thanks for all of your valuable input!