OOPS! Amongst all of the fixes included in update 2.05 were two bugs introduced as a result of the changes. Thanks to the eagle-eyed testers for catching them quickly. Sometimes we stumble as we run, but we are nevertheless moving forward at a rapid pace.
Having daily updates really minimizes the effects of occasional mistakes like this.
One note: the “Ship Battle” screen is temporary and will be removed completely when tactical combat is added in the next alpha. As a result, I am generally not going to any address concerns about the polish on this screen.
The link for the new 2.06a update is: [ outdated link. see more recent post for latest version. ]
Here are the fixes for today:
- Empire spending limits not working in 2.05 – Adam (by email)
- Hitting “No” on ship combat with bases only results in loop in 2.05- Matthew (by blog)
- “Translating” on diplomacy UI getting tiresome – Reformations
- Propulsion techs should show speed in description – several
- Hostile techs showing on Map screen as available for work – Vrachos
- Sometimes the Eco slider does not adjust to the minimum required for “Clean” automatically- Rodrigo (by email)
- No easy wait to tell from Embassy if race is not contactable – Reformations
- Can tell when AI colonizes planet because name changes even when I’m not there -by Reformations
- Colony selections shared by Main Map and Colony Listing – by Reformations
- recent.rotp save file not created at game start – by me
- Leader names for copied races are not unique – Reformations
- Scrolling too slow on the enemy ship design listing – by Vrachos
Most of what’s left now are minor feature requests instead of bugs, so I look forward to starting on those tomorrow! hahaha, j/k. I know you’ll find more bugs.