All of the text for Alpha 4 is complete and I’ve just sent the updated files to the translators. We currently have six translators now, so the game is now sitting at 7 planned languages upon release
These translations are in various stages of work (3 just added recently) so not all will be available in Alpha 4.
Petar has most of the Mrrshan artwork done but is lacking an internet connection. Once I see the files, there’s probably another week or two to do the animations.
Because of the recent personal issues that have consumed over a month of my time, I decided to cut back on some of the planned changes for Alpha 4 rather than pushing the date back. Those changes will obviously be top priority for Alpha 5!
Here are the changes in Alpha 4:
- Mrrshan race added
- Additional language translations
- Rework ship combat UI to prepare for Alpha 5, when tactical combat will be added
- Galaxy Selection UI revamped
- Race Selection UI revamped
- Technology UI revamped
- Load/Save Game UIs revamped
- User preference changes now persist between games
- Game data structures revamped drastically for efficiency – ALPHA 3 SAVED GAMES WILL NOT WORK
- Various bugs fixed, including:
- Mouse buttons > 3 ignored
- Cost for Battle Computer I fixed
- Next Turn times improved
- Factories remembered when colony destroyed
- Detect orbiting enemy ships when player has ships in same orbit
Anyway, I will spend the next month finishing up some items that need to be finished. Polishing and preparing. As with every Alpha, I expect there to be a lot of ugly bugs found right away, but the whole thing should stabilize fairly quickly.
Redditors can discuss at: https://www.reddit.com/r/rotp/comments/6q82gp/alpha_4_is_targeted_for_september_1st/